Monday, March 28, 2011

Babies will get anyone excited

All the baby shower parties are over and now the only party I'm still waiting for is a BIRTHDAY PARTY for the little gremlin tickling my insides.

The baby showers were lovely and friends and family have been so supportive and generous with their time, love and good advice, not to mention fabulous gifts.

Home made quilts, diapers, toys, butt creams (for the baby). Gifts gifts gifts galore. 


Creations of the talented Ashley Simmons

Grandma Donna's quilt

Baby momma

My lovely Temple Square Family
Left to right
Back: Jessica, Liz, Keala w/ baby Vise, Karina, Elena, Sheena
Front: Danielle, Yours truly, Courtney, Lauren

My wonderful family!
Left to right
Back: Whitney, Kristin, Ashley, Megan, Katherine, Gina, Becca, Mary, Hailey
Front: Ian, Myself, Abigail, Emma

Party favors. Children's books with a Thank You.



It's getting heavy and 2 days ago the baby dropped another inch and a half.
Talk about weird sensation!


I'm ready already.
The midwife is bringing the birthing pool kit and all the stuff over this week. I'm getting a little nervous about birthing mostly because I've never done it before. It's like deciding to sky dive out of a plane. The leap is the hardest part because you've never done it before. But once you're out you're flying. And then you know you're going to reach the ground no matter what.

I can do this. It may be first for me, but it certainly isn't for womankind.
I am the mother wolf, the lioness in my own den, by my own conditions and by my own determination.

3 comments:

  1. You go girl! I'm all about the midwife and birthing at home. You'll be amazing! I can't wait to hear about your little gremlin :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a FUN shower! I can't wait for Little Lois! I'm really liking that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing a water birth? I'm so jealous, that sounds amazing. You are going to be such a great Mom!

    ReplyDelete