Saturday, April 30, 2011

Genuine motivation is hard to come by

Kimball works all the time.
No, really.
He goes to the office early and until recently returns home late.
Every waking moment his mind is occupied with fluttering thoughts about business, investments, websites, products, employees, innovation etc. All I can do is try to keep up with his mind.


Actually, let me correct myself. I say every waking moment but I know for a fact that it's also most sleeping moments as I witness him talking in his sleep. 
In the middle of the night, out of no where his brilliant strategies sometimes burst out.
"If we pool our resources and do it together we can get a greater return on the investment.."


When Kimball is at his desk in the office working on something it is almost impossible to get his attention for more than a few seconds. He is in the zone. Complete tunnel vision, working on solving a problem or formulating a new idea.
Such is the life of a self-made man.


I've learned some things about good men from watching my father and now my husband (incidentally they are very much alike) and the way they feel about work. 



  • They take it very seriously. 
  • They believe in putting forth the greatest of effort. 
  • They take pride in their work. 
  • They enjoy the feeling of accomplishment. 
  • They like to reap a reward for their work. 
  • Their time is precious and will be well spent.
  • Most important of all, if they are not able to produce they feel utterly worthless.
  • They see money and wealth as a means to an end rather than a goal itself.



When we first got married he warned me that I so might feel like he was married to his business. I don't think I've ever felt secondary because I always felt that his hard work was for my sake, his family.


Right now Kimball is building out his company. He has found a bigger office space. He is employing some key people to carry the load of the system he is creating for his company.  He is formulating new ideas, concepts and products. He is doing everything he can to create an environment for his employees that promotes creativity, productivity and even fun.
Because Kimball loves to have fun more than anything. It's all for fun.
He likes working, it's for fun.
He like doing things he's never done before, it's for fun.
He likes to reap the rewards of hard work, so that he can have some fun.


In the midst of all the brain storming and serious crunch time there are important moments of laughter and fun to help motivate and liven the creative spirit.


Motivation can be hard to find sometimes but it's created not served.
With that in mind there truly is no limit to success.


This is currently what he's working with.
HCGdiet.com







1 comment:

  1. He is awesome! And one of a kind! I love and respect him! This was a great post nat!

    ReplyDelete