Thursday, April 28, 2011

A guiding hand and loving care

Cathy Larson is a wonderful woman full of tenderness and love toward mothers and babies.
She came into our lives as, it seems, was always intended. Her devotion and soothing spirit gave me what I needed to feel confident and determined in my decision to let Lois be born in her own home.


From the beginning when I first meth Cathy I knew I had found the right person. I had called around and talked to other midwives who where overbooked or busy with family and they led me to Cathy.
I liked her from the second I met her. 
She was calm and serene in her home office where numerous things testified of her personality. Great books and literature concerning religion, life, medicine and healing. Small articles of personal significance like pictures and knick knacks.


I'm not positive on the exact number of births she's attended but they are many. She even delivers her own grand children.  She will be serving as a midwife in Africa this summer, teaching, nurturing and assisting women that need her help.


The birth of Lois was the first delivery she did after having lost her close friend and colleague Briana Blackwelder, a young midwife with skilled hands who would assist Cathy at her deliveries as Cathy would assist her at hers. Briana was taken home to her Heavenly Father over Easter weekend and it's been an emotional few days mourning her while celebrating new life in the sacrifice of the Savior and the birth of a child. 


With all that was going on Cathy was calm and solid as ever and helped me through the most intense experience of my life.


Thank you Cathy. 
We love you dearly.







2 comments:

  1. For Cathy, there's a blog I read called SEVEN, and one of the authors was a family member to Briana. It's definitely the same person. He wrote a post about her, that I'm sure Cathy would love to read, as it has a little to do with her midwifery.

    http://thesevenblog.com/2011/04/24/brianna-blackwelder/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and your family, Natalie. From the moment you first walked in my door. Your birth of Lois was absolutely beautiful, an affirmation that life goes on. Thank you for this sweet post.

    ReplyDelete